The Center was established in 1978 by the chief ophthalmologist of Armenia Sergey Malayan, MD, on the base of the State Trachoma-Glaukoma Dispensary (1952).
In 1998 the Ophthalmologic Center was named after Sergey Malayan-a famous scientist and doctor.
Proudly carrying his name since 1998, at present it is the largest ofhthalmologic center in Armenia employing over 200 specialists.
The majority of doctors working at the Center have studied and worked abroad and carry international medical licenses.
- Modern diagnostic and laser treatment department
- Pediatric department
- External diseases and cornea-uveitis department
- Glaucoma department
- The department of eye traumatology
- Ocular plastic services
Alexander S. Malayan
- Treatment of congenital and acquired inflammatory diseases
- Early diagnosis and treatment of congenital retinopathy
- Conservative and surgical treatment of all types of strabismus
- Cataract surgery of all kinds
- All types of glaucoma treatment : medication , laser , surgery , as well as the newest method of bypass
- Vitreoretinal surgery
- Treatment of retinal diseases
- Conservative and surgical treatment of the effects of all of eye injuries
- Corneal transplantation and prosthetics
- Surgery , as well as cosmetic treatment of pathologies century
- Plastic restoration of patency of lacrimal
- Prosthesis of the iris in the case of partial or complete absence of
- Treatment of keratoconus by cross -linking (cross-linking)
- Laser treatment of astigmatism , nearsightedness and farsightedness (PRK, LASIK, FemtoLASIK)
- Pathology of childhood